Storage facilities in Harrisburg differ
Storage facilities in Harrisburg NC may not sound any different when you have long-term or short-term storage beside the time you rent them.
However, you need to think about this differently as time is just one consideration. Typically, short-term storage is up to three months, and longer is classed as long-term storage. Here you can find more about how to prepare for the two different storage.
Long-term storage facilities and seasonal requirements
When comparing short-term vs. long-term storage, three months is a long time, and depending on the weather in Harrisburg, you might catch three different seasons.
This is one reason if you have anything of value to store, choose a climate-controlled storage unit regardless of the length of your storage period. Changing seasons would be significantly eased.
Here are a few quick tips on packing for Harrisburg long-term storage facilities:
- If your furniture has drawers, open them slightly to allow air to circulate.
- Keep your belongings off the floor. Concrete gets cold, and damp can seep into your belongings even in a climate-controlled storage unit. Although pallets can be used, garage storage shelves are far superior for storing boxes.
- Bubble wrap should protect fragile items. It’s never a good idea to put a newspaper right next to something. Make sure the cartons are marked as fragile and stored away from foot traffic.
- Strong storage boxes are essential. For a short time, recycled grocery bags may be acceptable, but they will split and spill your contents all over the floor.
- Plastic bags should never be used. Mold can grow in 48 hours if there is moisture in the air or on your belongings.
Packing for short-term or long-term storage in Harrisburg NC
So, you can see how packing for a shorter storage rental period in Harrisburg differs. Here are a few pointers on how to safeguard your possessions in your Harrisburg storage facilities:
- Fragile items require the same level of care as long-term storage. However, if you use your self-storage facility frequently, you may need to take extra precautions.
- In your storage unit, there should always be a central aisle. Whether you’re using short-term or long-term storage, stack items on either side of the unit and make sure they’re secure against the walls.
- To keep your belongings safe, use dust sheets. Dust accumulates quickly in a non-climate-controlled storage unit, but not as soon as a climate-controlled storage unit. This can ruin any surface by leaving microscopic scratches on it.
Find storage for any period in Harrisburg
Flexible storage contract lengths are available at your local storage facilities. If you’re not sure how long you’ll need storage, this is a great option. To be safe, even if you are looking at the end of three months, still classify your short-term vs. long-term storage as long-term.
If you still require help, Mr. Storage has a friendly staff ready to assist you. They are well-versed in various storage periods and how to ensure that your belongings are adequately cared for and protected.
You also discover that you can arrange extra storage units near me and pay bills online with no need to visit the office and be face to face.
Mr. Storage is locally owned and managed with affordable prices. We have storage facilities in Concord, Salisbury, Harrisburg, Kannapolis, and Midland. Contact us today to reserve your unit.