Storage units near me keep your items safe
Storage units near me are the perfect place to store your personal items. The majority of family and commercial belongings fit in standard self-storage facilities just fine, but your valuable and temperature-sensitive objects require the extra security of climate-controlled storage. Your DVD collection may melt in high temperatures, and wood furniture may swell and crack. Humidity promotes the growth of mold and mildew, which can harm your linens, pictures, and books. These things are more prone to damage the longer they are kept in an unregulated atmosphere.
The same amount of study is needed while looking for climate-controlled storage as when looking for any other kind of storage unit. Even while climate-controlled storage shields your possessions from high heat and humidity, you still want to be secure that they are safe against burglary, fire, and unanticipated circumstances. Here is how you can choose climate-controlled facilities.
- In the climate-controlled storage sector, there are no established norms. Always enquire about the facility’s exact temperature and climate control requirements. They should be able to provide you with written documentation and an explanation of what they do to uphold these standards.
- Try to find a place that offers climate monitoring. It is important to continuously check the temperature and humidity to make sure that the settings are stable. In case of a protracted power outage, inquire with the manager if they have a backup generator.
- Although it’s uncommon, it’s not totally impossible to find climate control in a drive-up, outside unit. It’s more likely that this type of device is just heated or cooled to some extent if it is labeled as climate-controlled. True climate control is not being used here.
- Always pay close attention to your rental agreement. The items you store are not the responsibility of storage facilities. You must ensure your stored possessions because no facility will offer you a “guarantee” that actually covers them. You probably have off-premises coverage if you have a typical homeowners or renters insurance policy. To confirm coverage, speak with your agent.
- A tenant protection package is typically offered by self-storage facilities. This agreement between the facility and the tenant, which limits the facility’s liability for the tenant’s goods while they are kept in a secured unit, is a contract rather than insurance. In other words, operators consent to compensate clients for damage to personal property up to a predetermined monetary limit. A renter protection package adds an additional level of protection for your belongings.
Find the top climate-controlled storage units near me
Climate-controlled storage will be suitable for storing your personal items. Consider the best storage units near me to enjoy top results.
Mr. Storage is locally owned and managed with affordable pricing. We have storage facilities in Concord, Salisbury, Harrisburg, Kannapolis NC, and Midland. Contact us today to reserve your unit.