Covered self storage helps anyone moving home as it can cover every item in your home. There is nothing that won’t be affected when you are moving into or out of Concord, NC, because everything needs packing into storage one way or another.
Before you reach your moving day and start panicking, you can learn a few more storage tips about storage in Concord here.
Quick tips for using covered self storage in Concord, NC
- Bed mattresses and Furniture: Wrap in cotton sheets for moving and placing in storage. Plastic should not be used for long-term storage because it encourages mold and mildew growth.
- Clean Furniture: Before storing your furniture, wipe down every surface and use wood polish on wood surfaces, leather conditioner on leather, and rust prevention cleaner on metal parts.
- Dismantle Large Furniture: All large furniture you have packed in covered self storage should have small parts in plastic bags and attached so that you can find them.
- Storage Boxes: In covered self storage, never use cheap cardboard boxes. Choose plastic containers for long-term storage, and don’t overcrowd your plastic storage boxes, even though you can maximize space when bringing things into storage.
Movers and self storage tips
If you’re moving to Concord, NC, these storage tips will help you feel more at ease when you arrive, regardless of whether you used a covered self storage unit for short-term storage to make your move easier.
- Label every box, not just by the room it is from. You must know where anything is stored before you can retrieve it.
- Keep your belongings together in the moving truck or covered self-storage unit. They’ll all be grouped by room when you need them, which is a brilliant storage idea.
- Stack the least used items or ones that will be stored for a long time at the front of the removal vehicle. It makes no difference whether you transfer your belongings to your new home first or second. All the things in your covered self storage unit will be stacked and not moved twice.
- Boxes should not be placed on smooth wooden surfaces or flat mattresses. Before you arrive at the self-storage facility of your choice, this may cause them to slip and fall or ruin a mattress. These are a few of the lesser-known storage tips for movers, but they’re important to note.
Find covered the best self-storage units in Concord, NC
The last set of suggestions will focus on your covered self storage unit. You should have it in place ahead of time because waiting for the last minute could be too late.
- Make sure you have the best self-storage unit for your needs, one that is spacious enough to leave space around your belongings.
- Long-term storage, particularly if you have furniture, mattresses, clothing, or documents, should be kept in a climate-controlled environment.
- Place the least-used pieces and costly items against the back wall to keep them hidden.
- Make use of your storage hints and organize your storage unit according to the box labels you made.
Ensuring you have everything you need in your covered self storage unit may be the most essential step in a successful home move. Mr. Storage, the storage experts, will answer questions and include all storage tips for movers.
One of the other things you can find is that it’s possible to arrange your secure self storage units and pay bills online with no need to visit the office in your busy times.
Mr. Storage is locally owned and managed with affordable prices. We have storage facilities in Concord, Salisbury, Harrisburg, Kannapolis, and Midland. Contact us today to reserve your unit.