Storage periods, what’s the difference?
Storage over the short-term vs. the long-term may not sound very different. However, in the real world, how you prepare for these differences is very different.
As an indication, short-term storage periods can be up to three months, and any more extended periods used would be classified as long-term storage. Here is some advice on how to prepare for the two different kinds of storage.
Long-term storage in Concord, NC changes with seasons
Three months is a long time, and dependent on the weather in Concord, NC, you could capture three various seasons when comparing short-term vs. long-term storage.
This is one rationale why no matter how long your storage term, if you have anything of value, you should choose climate controlled storage units. Here are a few quick tips on packing for long-term storage:
If you own furniture with drawers, keep them a little open so that air can be circulated
- Fragile items need wrapping in bubble wrap. Never place a newspaper directly beside an object. Label your boxes as fragile and make sure they are stored away from walking areas.
- Sturdy storage boxes are essential. Recycled from the grocery store may be fine for a short period, but they may split apart and eject items on the floor.
- Hold things off the floor. Even with an air-conditioned storage facility, concrete is cold, and dampness can penetrate your things. Pallets can be used.
- Never use plastic bags. Some moisture in the air or your goods may become moldy within 48 hours.
Packing for less than three months storage
You can see a difference in the way Concord, NC packs for extended storage. Here are a few tips on how to protect your things:
- Handle sensitive items in the same way as long-term storage. However, if you often enter and leave your storage unit, additional care may be needed.
- Always have a central aisle in your storage area. Stack things on both sides of the unit so that they are protected against the walls.
- Use dust sheets to protect your belongings. Dust collects quickly in an air-conditioned storage room, but not so fast. It can destroy any surface, covering it with scratches.
Storage for any period is possible in Concord, NC
Your local self-storage facility will offer flexible storage contract lengths. This is ideal if you are not sure how long you need to rent storage space.
We advise you to continue to classify short-term and long-term storage as long-term to be on the safe side for longer than three months. To find out which best, contact Mr. Storage is, and the staff will help you all the way to find out the best solution.