Why think about storing summer gear now?
Self storage needs to be thought of now. Fall is just around the corner and it won’t be long before you start thinking about saving your summer gear for the season.
It doesn’t matter if you’re storing your summer belongings in a storage unit or in your garage. Having adequate storage space is essential. Here are some tips on how to store summer equipment so you can get started.
Self storage in Concord NC for beach supplies
After your visits to the beach, you do need to take some precautions with all your beach gear. This can stop it from becoming damaged during your storage period. Here are some pointers how to get your summer gear ready for putting in the local storage facility.
- Make sure all your beach gear is thoroughly dry
- Don’t squash them too tightly together, let them breath with good airflow
- Never wrap anything in plastic bags. This can trap moisture and cause mold
Summer clothes in your winter storage unit
- Don’t place clothes in plastic bags or cardboard boxes. Place them loosely in plastic totes so the air can circulate.
- Don’t use mothballs, cedar blocks make them smell nice and deter pests
- Make sure everything has been washed and dried correctly
- Use wardrobe boxes where appropriate
Closing can be one of the easiest things to damage. If you have a lot, consider a climate controlled self-storage unit to help prevent mold over the colder weather.
How to care for furniture and grills
Summer gear in Concord NC can include garden equipment. Patio furniture and grills last much longer when they are under cover during the winter.
- Use cotton sheets as dust covers to protect your furniture
- Gas grills need the tank disconnected. Charcoal grills need to be cleaned with no scrap of food on them
- If storing any dining accessories or small items, keep these in plastic containers so they don’t get lost
Summer sporting equipment storage in Concord NC
Once you finally pack away all your sporting equipment, you do need to make sure they are in the best condition to sit in your self storage unit for a few months.
- Make sure you have covered all soft areas to prevent damage
- Clean off any mud or debris on bikes or other sporting equipment which gets dirty
- Anything with wheels should be stored off the concrete, damp can ruin rubber tires
- A climate controlled storage unit is better for this kind of equipment to protect any gears, chains or electronics
Selecting the right storage unit in Concord NC for all your summer gear
Large families can accumulate lots of summer gear. From bikes, kayaks to ATV’s, there are all manner of things which benefit from sitting in a self storage unit. All these require their own storage preparations, and can take up large amounts of space.
If you need to know what the right size of storage unit is for your gear. Contact Mr. Storage and the staff will go through the best sized unit, and some extra tips and tricks to care for your summer gear in the local Concord NC self storage unit.